A projector is an electronic device capable of connecting to a device, be it a computer or smartphone or any other video device and projecting the video output onto a screen or wall. Most projectors can be either fixed onto the ceiling, placed on a stand, or portable.
These projectors are used in various situations like office training or presentation sessions, classroom teaching and home cinemas, later the more popular choice. With more people opting to build their own home theatre system and going for the best projector under 400, projectors’ demand has significantly risen over the years. With the rise in demand, manufacturers have also risen to the challenge of innovating and producing more projectors. This is why there are many projectors out in the market today making the market more saturated, making it harder for consumers to buy the right one.
The best projector under 400 should have the right amount of lumens, color space, contrast ratio and native resolution. When choosing the best projector for your home theater system, these are the most common features that you need to watch out for. That’s we’ve put together a list of the best projectors under $400. So if you are on the hunt for a great projector, read on to make your hunt a whole lot easier.
Overview: The Best Projector Under 400 In March 2022 [Recommended]
ViewSonic 3800 WXGA – Best Projector for Home and Office
The ViewSonic PA503W 3600 Lumens WXGA HDMI is a cut above the rest. This intuitive and user-friendly projector is a staple for home theater enthusiasts mainly because of its advanced audiovisual features, flexible connectivity options and best of all, an affordable price. This projector is packed with 3,600 lumens and a high contrast ratio, which allows it to produce bright images in nearly any environment indoors or outdoors. It also has SuperEco mode, which allows users to dim the projection brightness by up to 70%, reducing the lamp’s power consumption and making it a long-term investment.
- Native Resolution: WXGA 1280×800
- Lumens: 3600
- Projection Size: 120 inches
- Projection Distance: 15-feet 8-inches
- Lamp Life: 15,000 hours
- Input Options: HDMI/VGA/Composite Video
- Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 11.6 x 8.6 inches
- Weight: 4.89 pounds
- Connectivity Support: PCs, Macs, Mobile Devices and Almost all media players with HDMI or VGA option
- Warranty: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage
- 1 PA503W WXGA Projector
- 1 Power Cable
- 1 VGA Cable
- 1 Remote Control
WOWOTO H8 Video Projector DLP LED
The WOWOTO H8 Video Projector DLP LED is another great projector under $400. Made by one of the oldest and largest market shares of DLP mini projector technology solutions providers globally, the WOWOTO H8 Video Projector DLP LED has a built-in Android system and speaker unique to other projectors in the market today. It provides obvious images as well as fine quality audio. Not only that, you can use it for PPT/Word/Excel and business presentations which is a big bonus. It’s not just a home theater gem, but it can be used for work too!
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Native Resolution: 1280×800
- Supported Resolution: 1080p input and 3D
- Light: RGB&LED
- Lumens: 2000
- Projection Size: 20-300 inches
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10 / 16:9 / 4:3
- USB Format: FAT16/FAT32 (Read&Write) NTFS (Read Only)
- USB Note: 32GB is the Max USB memory H8 can accept
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: BT4.0 (BT speaker & mouse/keyboard)
- Wireless Sharing: Airplay/Miracast/DLNA/Ushare
- Keystone: ±40°AUTO/Manual
- Digital Zoom: ±50% (can adjust screen size without moving projector)
- Projection Mode: Front/Rear/Ceiling
- Input port: HDMI/AV/USB2.0*1/USB3.0*1/ Mirco SD/RJ45
- Output port: 3.5mm audio jack
- Power consumption: 26W
- Size: 153x120x31 mm
- 1 WOWOTO H8 Projector
- 1 Remote
- 1 Adapter
- 1 AC Cable
- 1 HDMI Cable
- 1 3 in 1 AV Cable
- 1 Quick User Manual
- 1 Kickstand
Epson VS240 – Best SVGA 3LCD Projector
Epson is one of the leading manufacturers of digital devices. The Epson VS240 SVGA 3LCD Projector is the most affordable portable projector with business features. A great addition to your home theater system or in your conference room, this projector produces sharp quality images which are the trademark of all Epson projectors. This portable and lightweight projector is easy to set up which makes it a great traveling companion. The best thing about the Epson VS240 SVGA 3LCD Projector is that you can project a huge image on the wall, giving you that movie theatre experience because the colors are incredibly true and accurate and it is superbly bright. It is the perfect addition to your home entertainment needs.
- Native Resolution: 800 x 600
- Projection System: 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Color Brightness: 3000 Lumens
- White Brightness: 3000 Lumens
- Lamp Life: 5,000 hours
- Connectivity: HDMI
- 1 Epson VS240 Multimedia Projector
- 1 Power cord
- 1 Computer cable (VGA)
- 1 Projector remote control
- 1 User manual CD
- 1 Projector software CD
- 1 Quick Setup Sheet
AAXA P300 Pico Projector
If you want a real “pocket projector”, the AAXA P300 Pico Projector is your best choice. This projector is less than 5.9 inches long, 3.9 inches wide and 1.6 inches tall. It is to be both compact and energy efficient. It consumes less than 25W when plugged in.
AAXA P300 has a built-in rechargeable premium grade 60-minute lithium ion battery that can withstand multiple charge cycles with minimal capacity reduction. Considered a complete all-in-one system for the discerning mobile professional that comfortably fits in a purse, briefcase, or laptop bag, the AAXA P300 Pico Projector is a brilliant turbocharged optical engine that delivers 120-inch projections. It is the perfect companion for both adults and children.
- Max Resolution: 1920×1080 (1080P)
- Native Resolution: 1280×800 (WXGA)
- Max Brightness (DC): 500 Lumens
- Max Brightness (Battery): 200 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Projection Lens: Manual Focus
- Projection Image: Available Size 10-120 inches
- Lamp: triple RGB LEDs with Vibrant Color Technology
- Lamp Life: 20,000hrs
- Projection Angle: 39.3° x 24°
- Video In: HDMI, VGA (mini-VGA), Composite A/V (3.5mm Jack)
- Audio Out: 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
- USB: 5 Pin Mini USB 2.0
Mini HD 3D Projector Multimedia
The Mini HD 3D Projector Multimedia is a compact and portable projector that allows you to easily create a private cinema experience anywhere and create a romantic atmosphere anytime. It has a lot of flexibility for such a compact projector. It is designed to be user-friendly, so it’s perfect for traveling. Designed to have a built-in battery that will last you 90 minutes, you can use the projector while charging for uninterrupted viewing pleasure.
The Mini HD 3D Projector Multimedia allows you to stream over Miracast or Airplay without cable which is an excellent bonus. Aside from the excellent features that it provides, the Mini HD 3D Projector Multimedia also has a built-in 2-watt Stereo speaker for a healthy amount of sound, so you don’t need to worry if the volume is too low. It’s a must for anyone looking to build a home entertainment system.
- Projection Size: 5.5-200 inches
- Resolution: 1280×720 (support 1080p video)
- LED Lamp: 30,000 hours
- Contrast radio (Full on/off): 3000:1
- OS: Android 4.4.2
- Built-in Battery: 4000mAh
- Built-in Speaker: 2*2W
- Music Format: WMA,AAC
- Video Format: RM, RMVB, MKV,WMV,VOB
- Picture Format: JPEG,BMP,PNG
UO Smart Beam Laser, Video Projector
The UO Smart Beam Laser Video Projector is a portable projector that doesn’t require focus adjustment. This focus-free feature means that the projected image is never out of focus no matter what surface it is displayed on. The laser technology makes it possible for the projector to produce vivid colors incomparable to those by other LED, LCD, and DLP projectors. It is the only true portable projector in the world that can be used anywhere without a screen. The UO Smart Beam Laser is the world’s 1st and best laser portable projector with an eye-safe class 1 laser and FDA registration. It is compatible for use with a lot of devices using Wi-Fi or cables such as Android, iOS, smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, game consoles, media players, action cameras and a whole lot more.
- Projection Screen Size: 20-150 inches
- Ideal Projection Distance: 2-8ft
- Throw Ratio: 1.428: 1
- Brightness: 60 ANSI to Max.100 Lumens
- Resolution: Input up to 4K and output HD 720p (1280 X 720)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1 (Television 2500:1)
- Laser Class: Class 1 Laser (Eye Safe)
- Power: USB cable, 110~220 Vac.
- Dimensions: 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch
- Weight: 0.43 Lbs. (6.88 oz.), 1.10 Lbs. w/packaging (17.6 oz.)
- Video/Audio Input: Wire (HDMI/MHL), Wireless (Smart View, Miracast, Airplay) *must be updated to the latest Firmware to connect with Airplay
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Built-in Lithium-Polymer (4200mAh)
- Battery Life: 2 hours (Requires 4 hours for full charge)
- Laser Diode Life: 10,000 hours
- Op Temp & Humidity: 10°-40°C, 15-85%
- Speaker: Built-in 1 watt
A projector can be an excellent addition to a home theater set up since traditional HDTVs are limited in screen size and can be heavy, bulky and very difficult to move. This is where projectors have the advantage. Although it MIGHT give you some necessary difficulties setting up and the extra costs associated with a projection-based setup can pile up, it can give you a home theater that will be the envy of your friends and relatives. They might even frequent your house more to watch movies or catch the game(so you might want to prepare for that). So before you purchase one, figure out what your home theater needs and your budget. The projectors listed above are a great start if you are on a tight budget. You can never go wrong with them. You might think that it’s just an additional expense that you don’t need to make, but once you savor the experience it provides, you will definitely change your mind. It is a good investment after all.
2020 HD Bluetooth Wireless LED Home Projector HDMI
Two thousand twenty projectors have come with better features with more enhanced performance than before. The 2020 HD Home projector is one of the fantastic wireless projectors in 2020 that have contributed to home entertainment in an improved way. It’s a smart entertainment device with an updated android 6.0 Operating system. The projector’s compatibility and performance are improved and allow you to access the internet and stream online. You can, therefore, download apps, run games, and other important viewing content at ease. The resolution of the projector makes it possible to produce beautiful images every time you watch. It comes with a native resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and a maximum of 1920 x 1200 pixels with more details and sharpness you need.
The projector has wireless connectivity with 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB inputs, GA port, AV, and others for easier connectivity. It has inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to connect other devices like laptops, tablets, smartphones, and others to the projector. The picture quality is superb with quality sound to it. The many features contribute to the picture quality it has at hand, including brightness. The brightness is 4400 lumen, and contrast of 7000:1 for a more beautiful image display even in dark scenes. The difference helps in bringing out the best of the darker scenes and whiter scenes.
Color reproduction goes to more than 16 million wide gamuts and delivers life-like images. If you want a projector that can work in a bright room or outdoors, it’s best to have one. The inbuilt speakers are a dual 5 W that offers clear, crisp sound no matter what you watch or play on the screen. With a lamp life of over 50000 hours, the projector works for years without buying a new one unless bored with the one you have.
The image display could go up to 200 inches from a distance of 21 feet. The realistic images and the cinematic experience are what make it worth having at home. The design of the projector is user-friendly enables it to work with other devices well.
- Deliver bright and colorful images
- Contrast ratio and brightness are exceptional 7000:1 and 4400 lumens
- 200 inches image display from 21 feet
- The lamp life is long
- Improved compatibility
- The sound could be better
Hi, This Is Kyrie Paul. I am a tech enthusiast and fall In love to write and study about projectors since 2018. When I tried to enjoy FIFA world cup 2018 with a big screen, but the big screen TV was out of my budget. Some of my friends suggest projectors Instead of TVs. After that still now I am a big fan of projectors.